Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks them is Resolutions for 2016, I’ve decided to keep mine mainly as bookish resolutions with a couple of extras added for good measure.
Bookish Resolutions for 2016
- To read at least 60 books this year.
- To write a review, whether it’s a mini review or more detailed, for each book I read and post here/Goodreads.
- To try an Audiobook – I’ve always been reluctant as I love having the book in front of me, but now that I have a half hour train commute in the morning I think I’ll try and Audiobook. (If you have any good recommendations please leave them!)
- Try and read more outside of my comfort zone. Most of the books I read fall under the YA umbrella in some way, but I read some historical fiction last year and really enjoyed it.
- Try and read more non-fiction!!
- Reduce the number of books on my tbr (which is difficult when I keep adding more!)
- Write mini to-read lists for each month. I’ve done this for January and so far have stuck to it. I think this will help those ‘what do I read next?’ moments and help me keep on track with my challenges.
Some Other Resolutions…
- Watch 100 movies. This can include some re-watches but a movie will only count once. There are so many good films coming out this year and I love movies as much as books!
- Keep up to date with all my TV shows. I watch over 15 different shows and I love them all so much. I should probably stop adding shows to my list but we know that won’t happen!
- Keep my blogs up to date. Aside from this one, I have a couple of other blogs and I need to make sure I keep them all up to date. (I should also probably stop making new blogs!)