A little later than planned but I’ve finally reflected on my reading progress in June and thought I’d include a potential TBR at the bottom for the rest of July. My blog has been lacking recently as I’ve been feeling bogged down by life and generally just not been great. June was a great reading month though, so let’s get to it!
Number of Books read: 11
Number of Pages read: 4,304
I managed to read 11 books in June which I’m really happy with. I read some really fab books too so lots and lots of stars were given! My favourites were Our Dark Duet, Paper Butterflies and The Call. I also adored If Birds Fly Back by Carlie Sorosiak – such a gorgeous debut novel!
- Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne – ★★★★★
- How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne – ★★★★★
- What’s A Girl Gotta Do? by Holly Bourne – ★★★★
- …And A Happy New Year? by Holly Bourne – ★★★★★
- If Birds Fly Back by Carlie Sorosiak – ★★★★★
- Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moira Fowley-Doyle – ★★★★
- Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab – ★★★★★
- The Call by Peadar O’Guilin – ★★★★★
- Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield – ★★★★★ (review to come!)
- Cell 7 by Kerry Drewery – ★★★★ (review to come!)
- Day 7 by Kerry Drewery – ★★★★ (review to come!)
It would take some sort of miracle for me not to select Our Dark Duet as my book of the month for June. I thought it was fantastic from beginning to end and I am now even more convinced than ever that Victoria Schwab can do no wrong! I am so thrilled that I will finally have the chance to meet her twice this month and I’m super excited about it. Honestly these books are just marvellous! Check out my full (gushing) review here.
- Goodreads Challenge: 57/100
- Let’s Turn Pages: 20,238/38,000 pages
- British Books Challenge: 18/12 (keeping going with this one!)
- 2017 Beat the Backlist Challenge: 13/40
- #DiversityBingo2017: 9/36
July TBR Books!
July is finally the month we have all been waiting for – YALC month! I’m really excited to be going for the first time and I’m even more excited to be going with some of my really good bookish friends. I’m also looking forward to meeting more of my online bookish friends in person and talking everything books and YA. In true YALC spirit most of the books I’m hoping to read this month are on my YALC tbr too. I don’t know which ones I will get to but here are some options!
What were your favourites reads in June?
What books are on your July TBR? Will you be going to YALC?