Hi everyone! I’m back with a tag today. A big thank you to the lovely Michaela from Journey Into Books for tagging me in this. This is not a specifically bookish tag but rather a chance to focus on and share what makes us happy and also some songs that make us happy too.
Five Things That Make Me Happy
- Books. I mean, this one should be pretty obvious but if there’s one thing that can make me happy it’s picking up a good book, either new or an old favourite. Sometimes I just need to escape from the real world and picking up a book is the perfect escape for me!
- Family and Friends. I am very lucky to have some extremely wonderful people in my life. In the bookish community I have also made some of my best friends and I am really excited to spend time with them at YALC this year. The people that I love make me the happiest.
- My Bullet Journal. I discovered bullet journalling last year but it wasn’t until this year that I really put some time into it and I just love it. It’s my favourite thing to do at the end of the day and it really helps me to reflect on where I am and where I am going. It’s extremely therapeutic and I can’t imagine being without it now!
- Teaching. For anyone who doesn’t already know, I am a secondary school teacher. I love my job so much and despite how stressful it often is, the kids I work with mean the world to mean. I feel very lucky and privileged to be a teacher and I love sharing my knowledge with the pupils as well as learning some valuable life lessons from them too!
- TV/Film. Maybe an obvious choice but I just really love escaping into different worlds and situations and TV/Film is just the best. I love a good Netflix binge or a trip to the cinema.
Five Songs That Make Me Happy
There are so many songs that I could pick but I’ve just written down the first five that I thought of! Each of these makes me have a little dance along and I love that! Let’s be honest, this would change daily!!
- Viva La Vida – Coldplay
- Galway Girl – Ed Sheeran
- Ignition – R Kelly
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
- Cheerleader – OMI
And anyone else who may fancy this one!